What is CETNRA?
The National Recruitment Agency India, commonly referred to as NRA, is an agency formed by the Indian government for managing the recruitment process for government and public sector undertakings, including Public sector banks. CETNRA refers to the National Recruitment Agency Common Entrance Test. The NRA Test, or exam, is held for the recruitment of candidates into various non-gazetted posts. These include posts under the Staff Selection Commission (SSC), the Railway Recruitment Board (RRB), and the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS). This exam is a screening or preliminary exam that the NRA conducts on behalf of the three departments mentioned above. Once candidates clear the NRA CET, they will have to appear for further tests or examinations conducted by the various departments.
|Name of the Test||CETNRA|
|Conducting Body||National Recruitment Agency|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Frequency of Exam Duration||Two times a year|
|Exam Purpose||Recruitment of candidates under Group-B and -C non-technical posts|
Various Posts under the CETNRA
As mentioned above, the NRA conducts the common entrance test to recruit candidates under different posts. These posts include:
|Department||Name of Post|
|Staff Selection Commission|
SSC Selection Post Exam
|Railway Recruitment Board||RRB Group-D RRB NTPC|
|Institute of Banking Personnel Selection||IBPS PO IBPS Clerk|
CETNRA 2021-22 Updates
- The NRA will conduct the CET for various Group C and Group D posts and non-technical posts.
- Scores received by candidates in the NRA CET are considered for recruiting various departments at the state level. Public and private sector undertakings will also take these scores for consideration for recruitment.
- Domicile of the candidate will not affect the recruitment through the CET.
- Exam centres will be set up in over 117 districts across the country.
CETNRA 2022- Important Dates
The dates for starting the registration process, the last date of application, the release of admit cards, and the results are currently unannounced by NRA. However, candidates can expect that Tier 1 of CET will be conducted around March 2022.
Eligibility Criteria for NRA CET 2022
|Age limit||There is a maximum age limit for candidates eligible for the CET, with various relaxations for candidates belonging to certain categories.|
|Educational Qualifications||The qualifications depend on the post that the candidate is applying for. Candidates must have one of the following qualifications: 10th pass12th passDiplomaBachelor’s Degree|
|Number of Attempts||Candidates can apply for the CET as many times as possible as long as they fall under the age limits.|
The validity of the CET 2022 Scores
The common entrance test scores that candidates receive when they appear for the exam are valid for three years. However, if they wish to, candidates can retake the exam to improve their scores. The candidates’ scores will define their aptitude and ability and are considered the final scores for the Preliminary exam. Candidates can appear for Tier 2 and Tier 3 exams based on NRA CET’s preliminary exam scores, considered the screening exam for the SSC, RBA, and IBPS posts.
NRA CET Process
The recruitment process for the NRA CET 2022 is as follows:
- Application Form- The first step of the recruitment process for the NRA CET 2022 is to fill up the application form available on the official NRA website. Candidates will have to upload all necessary documents and pay the application fee to complete the process.
- Admit Card- Once the application process is complete, the NRA will issue admit cards to the candidates, and applicants can download them from the official website. The admit card will contain important information regarding the date, time, and venue of the NRA CET Tests.
- CET TEST- Candidates will have to appear for the common entrance test on the date specified on the admit card.
- CET Results- After the examination, NRA will release the results of the CET on their website. Candidates must check the website to get updates about their results.
- Appear for Next Stage of Recruitment- Candidates shortlisted in the NRA CET 2022 results are eligible for the next examinations, which the SSC, RBA, and IBPS will conduct.
Syllabus and TEST Pattern for NRA CET 2022
The National Recruitment Agency will release the syllabus for the NRA CET 2021 on their official website. Once the NRA releases the official recruitment notification, candidates can regularly check for updates about the syllabus on the NRA’s official website. The syllabus will provide details about all the topics that candidates must study to prepare for the common entrance test.
(Link to that page)
Exam Centres for NRA CET 2022
While filling up the application form, candidates will have to provide their preferences for exam centers’ choice. They will have to choose a district from the 117 districts that will contain at least one exam center for candidates. The exam center’s venue is detailed on the admit card that the NRA will issue to the candidates.
Benefits of NRA CET 2022
- Candidates can appear for multiple examinations from the single common entrance test conducted by NRA. They need not write multiple examinations for different posts by writing the CET.
- Candidates do not need to pay application fees for more than one exam as they can appear for multiple exams through CET.
- Candidates can choose from up to 12 different languages, including regional languages, to appear in the test
- Candidates can focus on a single entrance test and thus relieve themselves from added stress.
- Candidates from rural areas can also appear for the CET as there are centers in every district.
- The CET is conducted two times a year, giving candidates a better chance to perform well.
- The examination dates for multiple posts will not clash as they are all incorporated into the CET.
- Candidates can concentrate on further tiers of the exam process instead of multiples examinations for the preliminary exam or Tier 1 exam.
Disadvantages of the NRA CET 2022
Although there are many benefits for the NRA CET 2022, a couple of disadvantages are also present. These include:
- The number of candidates applying for the CET is estimated to reach up to 5 crores, increasing the competition and difficulty level of the exam.
- With the large number of candidates applying, many candidates clear the CET, making Tier 2 and Tier 3 a more difficult process to get through.
Features of CETNRA 2022
- The CET will conduct the preliminary examinations under the SSC, RBP, and ISBP.
- The respective departments will make the final selection of candidates after the final tests.
- The recruitment process is aligned with National Career Services.
- The application process for NRA CET is done online.
- There are different common entrance tests for class 10, 12, and undergraduate candidates.
- Candidates must prepare well for General Awareness. This section may carry more weightage than others.
- The NRA easily tracks cheating or malpractices of any kind.
- The exam may spread over one month with multiple shifts per day.
- Once a candidate is appointed for a post through the CET, they cannot give the examination again.
- The official NRA website will have mock tests available for candidates to practice from.
NRA CET 2022 FAQs
- What is the NRA?
The NRA refers to the National Recruitment Agency, an agency body formed to recruit candidates to different posts under the central government.
- When was the NRA established?
The Union Cabinet is currently in the process of approving the establishment of the NRA.
- What date is the NRA common entrance test?
The exact date is of the CET is not released. However, candidates can expect the first exam to be conducted in 2021.
- How many CETs does the NRA conduct?
The NRA conducts three different tests based on the eligibility of the candidates.
- Does NRA also conduct the UPSC exam?
No, the NRA does not conduct the UPSC exam.
- What is the next step after qualifying through the NRA CET?
Candidates who have qualified for the CET will have to appear for the various examinations conducted by SSC, RBA, and IBPS.
- Will the NRA also conduct the Teaching Eligibility Tests?
No, the Teaching Eligibility Tests are not included under the NRA CET.